The E&TC department has been started with an intake capacity of 60 students in June 2004. Now current intake capacity is 120 students.
The faculties engage themselves in routine teaching in classroom and experimentation in laboratories throughout the semester.
In additions, a good number of research publications in Journals and National & International conference’s proceedings have been published.
Quite a good and advance instrumentation has been observed e.g. logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, DSO etc. in many of laboratories.
The department has ‘Electronics students association’ (TESA) in which additional curricular activities for overall development of student is observed.
The department has well qualified, young, enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated staff.
To be recognized as a centre for human resource development in the field of Electronics &Telecommunication engineering.
M1: To imbibe core and professional competencies in students by providing conducive academic environment.
M2: To provide platform for innovations and entrepreneurship by undertaking real time problems.
M3: To nurture an ethical and societal responsibilities amongst the learner for global environmental sustainability.
Head of Department
1. To work towards practical oriented learning
2. To groom and nurture the qualities of teamwork, leadership.
3. To provide exposure to the public and executives communication
4. To provide co-curricular training and to keep them updated
5. To motivate the students towards core research in the field of E&TC
T.E.S.A – E & T C Student Association is mainly initiated to encourage the students, to voice their innovative thoughts and also it acts as an open forum to our alumina. The T. E.S.A of J. S. College of Engineering acts as a bridge between the students and the industry level R&D. We are giving a toast of guest lectures by the experts to promote the ideas in R&D. We learn in two ways, one by reading and the other by the repo with smarter people. We believe in the quote “Never quit! If you stumble, get back up and move closer to your dreams and goals. You can do it!” T. E.S.A functions completely by the students and guided by our caring CARE faculties .We motivate students to be updated to recent trends. T.E.S.A is one of the most efficiently functioning associations in our college.
Due to brainy activities at regular a interval which provides a good deal of platform to the students to exhibit their budding thoughts. Academic and professional development & the quality life of students is improved.
The Induction Program for S.E. 2018 batch and “Teachers day” was held on 05/09/2018 at B-Building 506. The program started at 3:00 pm welcoming all the dignitaries, teachers and the SE students followed up with Saraswati puja by H.OD Dr.C.A.Manjare, Prof.S.M.Hambarde,SE Regular Class Coordinator Prof.S.A.Wakure,Direct SE Class Coordinator Prof.R.D.Gawade,TE Class Coordinator Prof.S.S.Taware and program coordinator Prof. S.V.Malewar. At the beginning Farhan Shaikh and Shivangi Bhat gave welcome speech. Dr. C.A .Manjare was felicitated by TE topper Miss.Anisha Parit . Prof.S.M. Hambarde, Prof. S. A. Wakure, Prof. R.D. Gawade,Prof S.S.Taware, Prof. S.V.Malewar and all teachers were felicitated by TE students. TE Topper student Miss. Anisha Parit addressed on behalf of all the TE students sharing their experience so far and thanking all the teaching and nonteaching staff for their contribution to academics .Also she motivates all SE students for excelling in curricular and extracurricular activities. Dr. C.A.Manjare delivered a speech to address all the SE students for their bright futures.She expressed importance of sincerity and hard work in their carrier.
1. International Conference on Knowledge discovery in Science and Technology organized at Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, JSPM’s Jayawantro Sawant College of Engineering, Hadapsar, Pune.
2. One week Faculty Development Program on Advances in Automation organized at Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, JSPM’s Jayawantro Sawant College of Engineering, Hadapsar, Pune.
3. The event PROXZI-18 (Poster & Project Competition) conducted at National Level Event Techmanthan-18 on 24th of January 2018 in department of E & TC.
4. The expert lecture was delivered by Mr. Shekhar D. Borse, Founder-RASPI INVENT, Dwarka, Nashik on “Industrial IoT and Raspberry Pi”.
5. Student Group of E&TC along with Prof. P.P. Kalyankar attended & participated in Smart India Hackathon 2017 – Grand Finale at Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management, Nagpur on 1st and 2nd April 2017.
6. National Conference on Knowledge discovery in Science and Technology organized by Department of Electronics and Telecommunication & Electrical Engineering at JSPM’s Jayawantro Sawant College of Engineering, Hadapsar, Pune
7. Two days Industrial visit was organized for TE E&TC students at Copper Track Industries, Nashik on 22th and 23rd JAN 2017.
8. TE student Suraj Kumar Own the 1st Prize in “TECHMANTHON 17 Circuit Simulation. TE student Sujit Jha, Surajkumar & Tirtha Thorat Own the 2nd Prize in “TECHNOVISION 17 Quick circuit making & debugging” Narhe Campus, Pune.
9. A National Level “Technology Dissemination Contest for Students (TDCS-2016) organized at Jayawantrao Sawant College of Engineering, Hadapsar, Pune