Information Technology has contributed and impacted our lifein recent years. With day to day inventions in hardware, software and network technologies leads to decrease in costwhich affect our life socially and economically.Indian IT market is highly demanded in the global IT market and has achieved target of producing world class IT professionals. To serve for the nation, Information Technology Department of JSCOE is offeringeffective teaching learning using ICT based classrooms and state-of the art laboratories.We are nurturing world class engineers who are exhibit their knowledge in design and development of multidisciplinary projects.
Major modules taught in department are software design and development, computer architecture and operating system, Web technology, computer networks and database management. Along with traditional learning currently Data Science,machine learning and IOT are newly added to module to meet the need of globally changing requirement of market.
The department has Entrepreneur development cell which come up with more than 20 Alumni entrepreneurs till date with yearly average turnover of Rs.45 Lacs with small and medium scale industries. Our students have reached each and every corners of the world. More than 40 students have completed their MS from different universities in abroad and now working as higher technical positions.
The department placement is higher as compared to other department as our vision is to develop competent IT professionals.
"To develop competent IT professionals for e-development of emerging societal needs."
1. Educating aspirants to fulfill technological and social needs through effective teaching learning process.
2. Imparting IT skills to develop innovative solutions catering needs of multidisciplinary domain.
1) This lab is used to implement small size network and use of various networking commands under computer network subject. <br>2) To use and apply the standards and protocols learned, for application development such as smart Vehicle tracking accident detection, alert generation using IOT, Invention Helmet with virtual system, Android based smart wheel chair <br>3) To get basic knowledge of RFID Technology, Sensor Technology and Satellite Technology <br>4) Along with this students access the e-Journals like Springer, Mc Graw Hill, J-Gate for their research work after the regular academic schedule.
1. This lab developed as "self -learning lab as museum" with the theme of "Evolution of animation techniques". You can learn it by your own. <br> 2. Sections are divided into 5 themes. <br><br> Section 1- focuses on phenomenon of flipbook animation which explains how animations get evoluted. <br> Section 2- describes cell animation. It is developed in steamboat Willie a movie by Walt Disney. <br> Section 3- focuses on 2D animation techniques using flash and blender software. <br>Section 4- gives insight of 3D animation techniques using Maya. <br> Section 5- describes various effects in animation using VFX techniques which are like effects in Bahubali movie. <br><br> 3. Along with self-learning students are practicing daily on computer graphics fundamental programs on OpenGL like basic line , circle drawing and filling algorithms. <br> Creative 3D flooring is done to get illusion of depth in this lab.<br> Students are enjoying experiment based learning. <br><br>Animation Projects developed by students are as follows: <br> 1. Creation of flip books<br> 2. Animation of 'Ganpati Vandana' using flash.<br> 3. Bouncing ball games using flash.<br> 4. 3D modeling using Maya.<br> 5. Exploser, Blending, Keeing, Fog effects using VFX.<br>
1.Software lab is utilized to conduct various practicals like Processor interfacing laboratory, Database Management system, Software Laboratory-V etc. <br> 2. Various software's like Tasm, Ride, Proteus, Turbo C++ are installed in the lab for students to develop their programming skills.<br> 3. Students usually seat and practice various programs in the laboratory. Programs may be to solve real life problems or industry based. <br>
1. This lab is used to implement various practicals such as Fundamentals of Data Structure, Data Structures and Files, Design and Analysis of Algorithm, also for Spoken Tutorial and for students self-learning.<br> 2. To get basic knowledge about Operating Systems, Compiler and Design, also different technologies.<br> 3. Various projects are done in this lab, one of detail is as below- Remarkable Project-<br> Project Title-Building data center for smart city<br> Guide : Prof. Poonam Lambhate and sponsored by Dr. Sharad Pustake<br> Students-Aishwarya Panicker, Aarwa Mamajiwala, Afshaan Kolhar, Prajkta Jagdale<br><br> Description : Implementation of system where data center is an intellectual construct,networking the smart city. This system collects data from cameras, stores into data center, and monitoring. The technology trends like Data Center, Internet of Things (IOT), --will have a great impact on the city surveillance. This project uses the cameras which capture videos in high definition(HD) , storage of the videos in data center, providing surveillance to enhance security of citizens, and handling the mishaps in an efficient and effective way.
Head of Department
The department has started to form Information Technology Students Association ITSA from the year 2007. The aim of this association is to carry out different activities such as software contest, paper presentation, seminars, quiz competition, group discussion, aptitude & technical test preparation etc. All the activities are arranged & carry out by the student under the guidance of faculty member.
Under ITSA different curricular and co-curricular enhancement activities are conducted for example different workshops, expert lectures, industrial visits, fresher’s party, farewell party. Motivation to students is given through these activities by prize distribution